seven tips to get more out of your run
Do you find that running is boring?
Here are a few tips and tricks to spice up your running (I just returned from a run on which I practiced all of these):
1. try nose breathing whenever possible
2. take your shoes off on natural terrain
3. leave your cellphone and other tracking devices (incl. watch) at home, to fully enjoy the moment without the constant need to assess your performance.
4. no music either. Instead try to take in the sounds of nature: birds, wind, leaves etc.
5. smile and say hello to people you meet along the way.
6. practice gratitude for your body and the joy of movement.
7. practice compassion towards other people you meet who might be having a harder time than you.